WHAT IS THE WORKFORCE READY GRANT?
The Next Level Jobs Workforce Ready Grant is a grant program that covers the tuition and fees of qualifying certificate programs across Indiana.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
To get started, qualified applicants must fill out an online survey to determine the following:
- Where you live in Indiana
- Education level
- Which high-growth field you are interested in
- When you can start training
- How you prefer to attend class (ex: day, night, online, parttime, fulltime)
From there, the survey will indicate which programs in Indiana best match your needs. After submitting contact information, you must contact the training provider you’re most interested in.
Once you’ve chosen a program, contact your training provider to determine whether you need to fill out a FAFSA form.
The final step is enrolling in a qualifying certificate program at an approved training provider.
WHAT JOB TRAINING CAN I GET WITH THE WORKFORCE READY GRANT?
There are over 150 qualified programs that the Workforce Ready Grant will cover. Industries include:
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Building & Construction
- Health & Life Sciences
- IT & Business Services
- Transportation & Logistics
For a full list of qualifying industries and programs, visit our Available Job Training page.
WHO QUALIFIES FOR THE WORKFORCE READY GRANT?
To be eligible for a Workforce Ready Grant, recipients must:
- Be an Indiana resident and a U.S. Citizen (or eligible non-citizen)
- Have a high school diploma (or equivalent) but less than a college degree
- Be eligible for state financial aid and file the FAFSA (for certain programs and providers)
- Enroll in a qualifying program at an approved training provider
- Meet any additional requirements for certain training providers and programs
WHY APPLY FOR THE WORKFORCE READY GRANT?
Workforce Ready Grant recipients earn nearly $7,000 more after getting a certificate.
Over 33,000 Hoosiers have been trained for a better job through the Workforce Ready Grant.
HOW TO APPLY
“My life has changed by getting the training I needed for a better paying job… The sky is the limit!”Sheldon Spence, CNC Machinist
earn your high school diploma
The path to a better-paying job starts with finishing your high school diploma—and you can complete it within weeks!
Indiana Adult Education programs provide free math, reading and writing instruction to help you acquire the skills needed to earn a high school equivalency diploma, go to college or begin an entry-level occupational certification program.
Hoosiers can even earn a high school equivalency diploma and an occupational certificate at the same time through the WorkINdiana program, allowing you to get back to work or switch careers quickly.